Journey

Psalm 23:2-3 ESV
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Blessings of Standing in Line

(excerpt from Sarah's journal 9-24-07)...
As I was ready to check out at Meijer today, the Lord had me stand in line, I think!  Every line was busy and long!  But not to fret!  The Lord gave me much patience and creative ideas...I was able to balance the checkbook, and then read my Bible!  After reading lots of details in Joshua 21, there was a cool summary in ch 22.
Joshua says to the Ruebenites, Gadites, and 1/2 tribe of Manasseh, :
    (v3-4 paraphrased) You have carried out the mission God gave you and now that God has given the land to your brothers, return to your homes. (v5) "But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave to you:
            to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways, to obey His commands, to hold fast to Him and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul."
I thought this was so cool - Joshua's last words to these three tribes were a reminder to follow/love God in everything, with everything.  This is why Jesus says this is the greatest commandment too!
Lord give us the strength to strive to love you in/with everything too!

No comments: